[webkit-help] Compiling Webkit for Android

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 07:55:25 PDT 2011

>  I'm trying to compile webkit for android. I have taken entire repository
> from webkit svn and the revision number is 81008. While compiling I have
> seen lot-of differences between android webkit (which is available in froyo)
> and the revision on SVN.
>  I have tried to merge the code - only adding the missing files and
> condition for Android platform.

You can't do it that way.

Android WebKit (until Gingerbread) is a "soft" fork, with bits and
pieces which exist only in the Android repo
(http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/webkit.git) and
not upstreamed to webkit.org yet.

Froyo WebKit is based off a very old revision of WebKit. Just by
copying the latest revision and adjusting the code will not suddenly
give you an updated version (if it would have been that easy). There
is a merging tool in the Android WebKit repo (but who knows who can
use that).

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat