[webkit-help] on "_blank" request force reuse of same webview

Chris Hatko chatko at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 09:00:56 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've got a situation where when a user clicks on "_blank" target link
a request for a new window
comes in and I want my version of webkit to reuse the current window ...

Currently, I've got a PolicyDelegate implementation of
decidePolicyForNewWindowAction. In this function I tell the listener
to ignore the current request and start a new request by referencing
my old webview and creating a IWebMutableURLRequest and calling
mainframe->loadRequest(request)

There must be a better way to handle this without recreating the
request and essentially reloading.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris