[webkit-help] showing links in editable texts properly [OS X]

Grant Gayed Grant_Gayed at ca.ibm.com
Thu Oct 21 14:17:26 PDT 2010

Hi,

We embed WebKit on OS X, and I'm seeing a behavior that seems wrong and
differs from Safari.  The page at
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/examples/full.php has an editable text with
two links within it.  In Safari (and other stand-alone browsers I've
tried), hovering over these links leaves the cursor as an I-beam, and
clicking inserts the caret into the editor for editing.  However in our
app these link texts are treated like real links, so the cursor becomes a
hand while hovering, and clicking them actually navigates away to their
url.

I think our app is just seeing WebKit's default behavior, because the
CarbonWeb and MiniBrowser examples behave similarly.  I've been looking
but haven't found a way to change this behavior in WebKit, though I assume
there's a way since Safari does.  Can anyone give me a pointer?

Thanks in advance,
Grant