[webkit-help] ERROR: qmake missing but required to build WebKit. (Qt Port of WebKit under Windows 7)

Richard Frainier richard.frainier at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 20:55:23 PDT 2010

Newbie basic issue - ERROR: qmake missing but required to build WebKit.

Windows 7 (64-bit), Visual Studio 2008 SP1, Qt

A web search indicated that it might be environmental variable setup,
but in my Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt I can see

C:\webkit>echo %qtdir%
  C:\qt\2010_05

C:\webkit>echo %qtdir%\bin
  C:\qt\2010_05\bin

C:\webkit>where QtCore4.dll
  C:\qt\2010_05\bin\QtCore4.dll

However -

C:\webkit>perl WebKitTools\Scripts\build-webkit --qt --release
  ERROR: qmake missing but required to build WebKit.

Now, on my machine, qmake.exe can be found under C:\qt\2010_05\qt\qmake\

Any ideas? (Thanks!)