[webkit-help] Building webkit with cairo on win 64

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:47:12 PDT 2010

Hi Adam,

On Oct 12, 2010, at 7:39 AM, Adam Wood wrote:

> I’ve had a google, and I’ve tried to look through the mailing list archives to answer the question of whether it’s possible to build the cairo version of webkit as a 64bit binary but I haven’t found anything concrete.
>
> There seem to be suggestions that it is possible but I get the impression no-one has tried.

I don't believe anyone has tried this.  The major difficulties will probably be building 64-bit versions of the various support libraries needed for the wincairo build.  This consists of zlib, libpng, libjpeg, cairo, openssl, curl, and opencflite.

I believe all of these will build cleanly under 64-bit, with the possible exception of opencflite.  CoreFoundation is obviously 64-bit clean, but I don't know if the Windows port modifications have been built or tested under 64-bit.

Good luck!

-Brent