[webkit-help] property access

Christian Hammer cjhammer at purdue.edu
Fri May 28 12:56:28 PDT 2010

Hi,

My plan was to find all the places in the JS interpreter where a property of an object is changed or accessed. Instrumenting the get/put bytecodes in Interpreter.cpp does that for most cases but there is the issue that the global scope is also the global object. Reads/writes to this object (declared as local variables in the global scope) are optimized, so they don’t yield a get/put bytecode but access a register. Another place I found is op_new_func, that implicitly stores the name of the function.

Is there a clean way to turn these optimizations off in order to have get/put bytecodes for all cases, and if not what else could I do to detect these implicit reads/stores?

Christian