[webkit-help] Pointer needed: Webkit URL input

Nikos Ventouras mitskin at gmail.com
Sat May 15 05:23:08 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have a (hopefully) simple question, and I would be grateful if anyone can point me to the right direction.

I have successfully built Webkit (in XCode) and run it wrapped in Safari.app et al.

What I'm looking for is for a way to get the raw string the user inputs in the location bar.

For example if I simply type: "foo" in the location bar, all the functions I've checked receive something like
"http://foo" or "http://www.foo.com".

I want to have access to the raw string entered BEFORE it is interpreted in any way as a URL or anything.

Does anybody know where this happens? I have checked out many functions inside Webkit and Webcore
that seem to do that (like: _web_originalData, - (void)loadRequest:(NSURLRequest *)request, etc), but I always
get the string in a URL-like format with a "scheme" et al.

Thanks in advance,
Nick.