[webkit-help] Error in building WebKit on Windows

Jerry Evans jerry at NovaDSP.com
Fri Mar 26 06:17:46 PDT 2010

  Avinash

I think the bulk of your missing files originate in the WebCoreGenerated
project. See the DerivedSources.make file which eventually calls the
generate-bindings.pl script.

Check that these files are being copied to the right output folders.

There is also an obscure relationship between the generated files and
various preprocessor definitions which are littered throughout both
.header and Visual Studio project files. The WML/HTML/SVG elements, in
particular, rely on a macro called FEATURES being correctly defined. I
believe that the stock list is as follows:

FEATURES="ENABLE_CHANNEL_MESSAGING ENABLE_DATABASE ENABLE_DATALIST
ENABLE_DOM_STORAGE ENABLE_EVENTSOURCE ENABLE_FILTERS ENABLE_ICONDATABASE
ENABLE_JAVASCRIPT_DEBUGGER ENABLE_OFFLINE_WEB_APPLICATIONS
ENABLE_SHARED_WORKERS ENABLE_SVG ENABLE_SVG_ANIMATION
ENABLE_SVG_AS_IMAGE ENABLE_SVG_FONTS ENABLE_SVG_FOREIGN_OBJECT
ENABLE_SVG_USE ENABLE_WEB_SOCKETS ENABLE_WORKERS ENABLE_XPATH ENABLE_XSLT "

If anyone on the list can clarify the last point I'd be most grateful as
I am currently trying to establish a more rational build system for
Webkit which will allow easy migration from/to VS2008 and VS2010 and
minimizes reliance on closed source Apple libraries.

Good luck.

Jerry