[webkit-help] webkit-help Digest, Vol 9, Issue 19

kelvin kelvinz at turbolinux.com.cn
Sun Mar 21 23:18:05 PDT 2010

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:22:50 -0300
> From: Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
> To: webkit-help at lists.webkit.org
> Subject: Re: [webkit-help] Play video issue with GtkLauncher
>
> On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 12:24 +0800, kelvin wrote:
>
>> The issue is GtkLauncher cannot play some video, like .vob, .mp4. The
>> interesting thing is it can play some video file and mp3 files.
>>

> What formats GtkLauncher will be able to play (through WebKitGTK+)
> depends on the GStreamer plugins you have installed. I think you need at
> least plugins-good, and plugins-bad for the mp4 files to play.

Thanks for your advices.
I installed gst-plugins-bad and gst-plugins-good and now I can play most
of the files.
But I met a new issue.

The video is so slow. The audio is OK.
I try to play the same video file with "ffplay" and it's ok.

Does the issue caused by my built webkit? or it is related to the
GtkLauncher?

Thanks,
Kelvin

--