[webkit-help] Play video issue with GtkLauncher

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Thu Mar 18 08:22:50 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-03-17 at 12:24 +0800, kelvin wrote:
> The issue is GtkLauncher cannot play some video, like .vob, .mp4. The
> interesting thing is it can play some video file and mp3 files.

What formats GtkLauncher will be able to play (through WebKitGTK+)
depends on the GStreamer plugins you have installed. I think you need at
least plugins-good, and plugins-bad for the mp4 files to play.

> GtkLauncher cannot play video files but no error messages printed.

Notice that GtkLauncher is far from being a media player =). We
currently lack appropriate error reporting in WebKitGTK+ for failures
when loading media files, that is true, but when we get that, it's not a
given that GtkLauncher will report those errors.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>
GNOME Project