[webkit-help] Remembering visited links at run-time.

Chaffraix, Julien julienc at quicinc.com
Tue Mar 16 16:02:31 PDT 2010

> running the Acid3 test on the new WebKit-based browser I am currently
> writing for the Haiku operating system, I receive a score of 98/100 and
> "LINKTEST FAILED". Until now, I assumed it must be something the Haiku port
> is lacking, but today I googled a bit for this problem, and it looks like
> this may actually be a WebKit bug?

AFAICT this is not a WebKit bug per se, just a security measure as there are privacy implications related to the use of the :visited selector.

> From the fact that both Safari and Chrome pass the link tests completely, I
> am confused whether this is a WebKit problem or a problem in my browser (or
> the Haiku port).

I would say this is a problem in your browser / API.

> Am I perhaps supposed to call some methods in WebCore
> which trigger the correct behavior with regard to visited links?

Yes, you need to call PageGroup::setShouldTrackVisitedLinks(true) to tell WebKit to keep track of the :visited links.

See http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/32268 for reference.

Regards,
Julien