[webkit-help] Accessing the webkit inspector in 3rd-party app webviews?

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:09:33 PDT 2010

Dan,

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Dan Wood <dw43031apple at karelia.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've discovered that since upgrading to Safari 5 / 10.6.4, I seem to have
> lost the ability to bring up the web inspector in a webview in my app,
> Sandvox.  I used to be able to do "inspect element" from the contextual
> menu, and the webview would split into two panes, with the inspector in the
> bottom.  No code required by my app.

I'm not having the same problem.  It's possible that the "Developer
Extras" flag on Safari was reset during the update, which might
prevent you from accessing that functionality.

In my program, I manually turn on the Web Preferences for the
developer extras, which might be why I don't see this issue.

-Brent