[webkit-help] usage of NSApp from NPAPI plugin

Bill Appleton billappleton at dreamfactory.com
Sat Jun 19 10:28:45 PDT 2010

hi all,

our 64 bit cocoa open source NPAPI plugin uses NSApp for just a few things,
like flushing events, testing for future mouse ups, etc.

and it seems to work for the most part, but we need to debug some things and
can't see what is going on on WebKitPluginHost.app, so I had a few questions
if anyone knows

1) is the source code for WebKitPluginHost.app somewhere? Its hard to debug
anything without it...

2) who calls [NSApplication sharedApplication] for the NPAPI plugin... is it
WebKitPluginHost.app? are you subclassing any Cocoa classes?

3) there are some MiG functions in NetscapePluginHostProxy.mm like
WKPCSetModal, etc. Are these called by the PluginHost automatically or is
the plugin itself supposed to call them in some circumstances?

thanks,

Bill Appleton
DreamFactory Software