[webkit-help] Webkit build error WebDynamicScrollBarsView.mm (WKGetWheelEventDelta) and WebSystemInterface.m

Alan Burnett ralanburnett at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 09:44:50 PDT 2010

In last night's WebKit build, I used WebKit.xcodeproj to build WebKit after the build script failed.  I still get two errors.
The first is in WebDynamicScrollBarsView.mm
at line 474
- (void)scrollWheel:(NSEvent *)event
{
    float deltaX;
    float deltaY;
    BOOL isContinuous;
WKGetWheelEventDeltas(event, &deltaX, &deltaY, &isContinuous);
Cannot convert 'BOOL*' to 'float*' for argument '4 to void WKGetWheelEventDelta(NSEvent*, float*, float*, float*, float*, BOOL*)
The method prototype is:
void WKGetWheelEventDeltas(NSEvent *, float *deltaX, float *deltaY, float *wheelTicksX, float *wheelTicksY, BOOL *continuous);
This one seems pretty obvious (in terms of causing an error), since the method prototype defines two arguments that are missing. I did a (hack) fix by throwing in two dummy variables)
float wheelTicksX;
float wheelTicksY;
and changed the call to
WKGetWheelEventDeltas(event, &deltaX, &deltaY, &wheelTicksX, &wheelTicksY, &isContinuous);
This removes the error.

The second error is
cc1obj: warnings being treated as errors
/Users/alanburnett/WebKit/WebKit/mac/WebCoreSupport/WebSystemInterface.m: In function 'InitWebCoreSystemInterface':
/Users/alanburnett/WebKit/WebKit/mac/WebCoreSupport/WebSystemInterface.m:65: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

I note that the prototype in WebCoreSystemInterface.h is
 extern void (*wkGetWheelEventDeltas)(NSEvent*, float* deltaX, float* deltaY, BOOL* continuous);

I'm going to guess this is messing things up, but I'm not sure.
Any ideas?