[webkit-help] How does files in DerivedSources get generated

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 13:35:54 PST 2010

> Can you please tell me how does files in DerivedSources get generated?
> I have search for
> find . -name HTMLElementFactory*.*
> ./DerivedSources/HTMLElementFactory.h
> ./DerivedSources/HTMLElementFactory.cpp
> But I can only find the generated file.  So can you please tell me how can
> those be generated?

If you open that header or source file, you will find:

 This file was generated by the dom/make_names.pl script.

Thus, find a command that invoke make_names.pl in your build system of
your platform/ports. If you get that one right, that Perl script would
involve WebCore/html/HTMLTagNames.in and
WebCore/html/HTMLAttributeNames.in.

Would be also harmless if you also specify your systems upfront (as I
hinted in https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-help/2009-August/000146.html),
so that potentially a more specific answer can be offered.

Regards,

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat