[webkit-help] Building problems on Linux

Luke Plant L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
Thu Jan 21 14:33:49 PST 2010

Hi all,

I'm running Kubuntu Karmic, and trying to install lastest WebKit (from
a nightly build).

I followed the instructions on
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingQtOnLinux and installed all
dependencies, including libphonon-dev

However, I still get an error about a phonon header file, the same one
listed under "Missing Phonon".  I also searched the archives but
couldn't find anything.

The error is:

In file included from ../../../WebKit-
r53596/WebCore/platform/graphics/MediaPlayer.cpp:49:
../../../WebKit-
r53596/WebCore/platform/graphics/qt/MediaPlayerPrivatePhonon.h:27:29:
error: phononnamespace.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ../../../WebKit-
r53596/WebCore/platform/graphics/MediaPlayer.cpp:49:
../../../WebKit-
r53596/WebCore/platform/graphics/qt/MediaPlayerPrivatePhonon.h:123:
error: ‘Phonon::State’ has not been declared
../../../WebKit-
r53596/WebCore/platform/graphics/qt/MediaPlayerPrivatePhonon.h:123:
error: ‘Phonon::State’ has not been declared

I tried this from a freshly un-tarred directory, so it's not an issue
of cached config values AFAICS.

I noticed that the g++ line that fails contains this reference to
phonon (and no others):

-I/usr/include/phonon

However, that directory is strange - it contains no header files, just
files like:

 /usr/include/phonon/AbstractAudioOutput

which contains:

#include "abstractaudiooutput.h"

The actual header files, including "phononnamespace.h", are here:

/usr/include/qt4/Qt/

They are provided by the package libqt4-phonon-dev (which is
installed, due to being required by the dummy package libphonon-dev).

So, it seems that for some reason I have -I/usr/include/phonon when I
need -I/usr/include/qt4/Qt/

My Qt version is 4.5.3really4.5.2-0ubuntu1 (whatever that means...)

Anybody got a clue how to fix this?

Cheers,

Luke

--
"Smoking cures weight problems...eventually..." (Steven Wright)

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/