[webkit-help] Where is the code which draws each character in a web page

Seweryn Pływaczyk s.plywaczyk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:59:09 PST 2010

Hi,

I've also been working on this "problem" for some time and if I'm not wrong
you should look at
Font::drawText() in WebCore/platform/graphics/Font.cpp.

In my case there are two possible paths (because I have FONT_FAST_PATH
defined):
drawSimpleText or drawComplexText (
WebCore/platform/graphics/win/FontWin.cpp.). In both of them buffer of
glyphs to display is prepared.
In case when there is no glyph to dispaly both methods just return and
nothing is displayed.

I don't exactly know in which moment not existing glyph is replaced by
rectangle.
I'm going to assign rectangle glyph by myself in that case but first I have
to check how Chrome resolves this problem.
I thought that WebKit does it as its default behaviour.

If you have other conlusions please let me know.

Regards
Seweryn