[webkit-help] Running layout tests with Qt webkit?

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:56:09 PST 2010

> I'm currently playing around with the Qt bundled version of webkit. I
> would like to run the layout tests against my local changes. Trunk
> version of webkit has WebKitsTools directory; Qt version does not. Is
> there a suggested procedure for making this work? Can I copy
> WebKitTools into Qt and expect it to work? Quick advice would be
> appreciated before I dive in.

Of course QtWebKit has WebKitTools. What you are looking at the
QtWebKit module inside Qt source tree, which is just a convenient copy
(but with few unrelated stuff removed to save space). For the
development, including running layout tests etc, check out the real
WebKit repository and build QtWebKit from there. See e.g.
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingQtOnLinux for details.

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat