[webkit-help] Help with building on cygwin + win7 + VC++ Express ?

deforest sessoms deforest.sessoms at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:27:57 PST 2010

Thanks Adam,

As it turns out, seconds after hitting the send button I thought to check
that very thing:  whether WTF.lib was part of this build chain and included
at a later step.  That led me to the appropriate directory, the appropriate
buildlog, and the actual error.

For anyone else interested:  in turns out that the VC++ express binaries
(the linker, compiler, etc) respect ENV variables set in "Environment
Variables" under "Advanced System Settings" in Windows.

The "build-webkit" script echos "/useenv" as an option to "VCExpress.exe",
which I don't really understand.  I think that command line switch ignores
the VCExpress environment variables configured via
VCExpress->Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions.

Is that correct?