[webkit-help] cut Qt webkit building error

Hui Tang Hui.Tang at cybercom.com
Thu Feb 25 19:24:46 PST 2010

Thanks for you quick replies; I get the general ideas why building is broken. But I have a question, if I want to cut Qt webkit library size, I have to disable many features of it,
Can't I use the DEFINES macro in webkit project file like below?

    DEFINES += ENABLE_SVG=0 ENABLE_XPATH=0 ENABLE_XBL=0 \
               ENABLE_SVG_ANIMATION=0 ENABLE_SVG_USE=0  \
               ENABLE_SVG_FOREIGN_OBJECT=0 ENABLE_SVG_AS_IMAGE=0 \
			   ENABLE_SINGLE_THREADED=1 ENABLE_JAVASCRIPT_DEBUGGER=0 \
			   ENABLE_DATABASE=0 ENABLE_DOM_STORAGE=0 ENABLE_ICONDATABASE=0 \
			   ENABLE_CHANNEL_MESSAGING=0 ENABLE_SQLITE=0 ENABLE_RUBY=0 \
			   ENABLE_VIDEO=0 ENABLE_NETSCAPE_PLUGIN_API=0 \
			   ENABLE_XSLT=0

If it is that, what do you do in order to cut down Qt webkit library size?

Many thanks

> AFAIK, the ENABLE_SVG #define is simply not checked everywhere. So
effectivle
 > a build without this flag is broken ATM.
 >
 > Best regards,
 > -Stephan

because these files are generated by script, so there is no #ifdef ,
you can change these code to :
#if 0
     if (!checkNodeSecurity(exec, imp->getSVGDocument(ec)))
         return jsUndefined();

     JSC::JSValuePtr result = toJS(exec,
WTF::getPtr(imp->getSVGDocument(ec)));
     setDOMException(exec, ec);
     return result;
#else
     return jsUndefined();
#endif

find all the getSVGDocument call  in generated diectory, and replace
with "return jsUndefined()" , it works.

	baizhenxuan