[webkit-help] Compile Web-kit error because of libwebkit-1.0.so

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 08:52:32 PST 2010

Hi,

> $ ./autogen.sh --with-target=directfb --prefix=/usr/
> $ make

[Snipped]

> ./.libs/libwebkit-1.0.so: undefined reference to `gtk_xtbin_new'
> ./.libs/libwebkit-1.0.so: undefined reference to `gtk_xtbin_set_position'
> ./.libs/libwebkit-1.0.so: undefined reference to `gtk_xtbin_resize'
> ./.libs/libwebkit-1.0.so: undefined reference to `gtk_xtbin_get_type'

Those methods are part of GTK WebKit's plugin code (have a look at
WebKit/plugin/gtk/gtk2xtbin.c).

Looking at the build system, if you do not build for X11, this file is
not compiled (WebCore/GNUmakefile.am:1959). This is quite normal as
NPAPI plugins requires X11 to run on Linux - it manipulates X windows.
IMHO, your options are either to disable them - which does not seem to
be supported out of the box - or build WebKit for gtk/X11. My plugin
knowledge is quite limited so maybe there are other options.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Julien