[webkit-help] __gnu_inline__ [was: Re: Changing Code in DerivedSources]

Stephan Assmus superstippi at gmx.de
Wed Feb 10 12:26:13 PST 2010

Hi,

On 2010-02-10 at 18:04:31 [+0100], Julien Chaffraix
<julien.chaffraix at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Your question is a big broad so this is a generic answer (which misses
> some file type like the gperf generated ones). If you give us more
> details, we can give you a more precise answer.

With regards to the gperf generated source, there seems to be a problem
with the use of "__gnu_inline__" in these files:

ColorData.c
CSSPropertyNames.cpp
CSSValueKeywords.c
DocTypeStrings.cpp
HTMLEntityNames.c

When building a debug build, GCC 4.3.3 on Haiku generates linker errors for
the functions that are declared __gnu_inline__. I believe the GCC behavior
is probable correct and the whole block for declaring those functions
should be wrapped in "#ifdef NDEBUG ... #endif".

I have grepped all the source tree and couldn't figure out how
"__gnu_inline__" even ends up in those files. Perhaps it's gperf itself
adding it? If so, how can it be tweaked to work correctly with debug builds?

Best regards,
-Stephan