[webkit-help] QtWebkit library size in Qt

Hui Tang Hui.Tang at cybercom.com
Tue Feb 9 19:36:43 PST 2010

Hi, all

I have some problems about QtWebkit run on wince5.0 on RMI DBAu1250 board. Please give me some suggestion what to do as possible as you can?

We have a demo based on Qt-4.6.0, and run on wince5.0; due to different applications and functions, our demo split into serial plugins; Our demo can run on RMI Alchemy DBAu1250 dev-board now, but it couldn't load the plugins at the same time, i.e. if I put all the app plugins into the plugin dir, it will not be loaded by demo; but if I put app plugins one by one into plugin dir, it could be loaded successfully.

Another issue is that we can't load QtWebkit module depended plugins, we assume that started QtWebkit will cost much of memories, and the wince5.0 can't provide enough memories, only 32MB can be provided for each process, arm I right? If so, could you please give me any advices to tailor QtWebkit for small size?

If I started Qt Web browser demo which based on webkit, it will failed to run. The errors like below:

Fatal Application Error
Application qtwincetest.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shutdown. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.
Programe: qtwincetest.exe
Exception: 0x80000002
Address: 0105493C

I will be very appreciated your help.