[webkit-help] isOverLink() function in android-webkit

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 07:51:01 PST 2010

> I am looking into that function, but seems to be very complicated for me.
> If you do not mind
> could you please tell me little bit logic behind this ? Few hints will be
> appreciable.

You may want to check the part that calls hitTestContents and put it
in the temporary HitTestResult.
Also inside hitTestContents, there is a call to the renderer's
hitTest() and I'm sure this function is interesting for you too.

And beside reading the code, I suggest (again and again) using the
debugger and perform the step-by-step in that function.

Since I am afraid you'd come back again shortly and say that
RenderObject::hitTest() and its nodeAtPoint() are useless, I'd like
you to refer to http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebCoreRendering to see
the class hierarchy.

> Please, eagerly waiting for your reply.

I hate to repeat myself, but may I suggest reading
http://bit.ly/webkit-gethelp again?

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat