[webkit-help] build release version with VS2005

vizshala vizshala at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:14:24 PST 2010

Hi all,

I donwloaded a nightly build of webkit source a few weeks ago.
After I builded it with VS2005 with configuration set to Release, it did
generated webkit.dll.
It works well on the building machine.

However, recently I try to deploy it to another machine to test winlauncher
program.
It shows an error message and the program terminated.

After some efforts, I find that It seems to be caused by the manifest file
embeded into the webkit.dll
I open the webkit.dll with a hex editor and find that it contains a
dependency of Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT
Because the machine to deploy does not have Visutal Studio 2005 installed,
so the program depend on the webkit.dll fails to run.

I also check the the project properties of Webkit and can not find any clues
about the files depending on the debug CRT.

Does anyone encounter this problem or know how to tackle it?
Thanks.

BR,
Vizshala at gmail.com