[webkit-help] webkit-help Digest, Vol 18, Issue 25

Nimish Nayak nimishnayk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 23:12:26 PST 2010

Hi Alexander

As per your guidance I found out that the WinLauncherWebHost Class
(predefined) inherits IWebFrameLoadDelegate Interface and implements some of
its methods.
I found out that its is failing in the method
'didFailProvisionalLoadWithError' I tried to find out there but most of the
methods were
not implemented.
My Code and the results :-

    WCHAR *err_string = new WCHAR[1000];
    hr = error->localizedFailureReason(&err_string);             //returned
Not Implemented
    hr = error->failingURL(&err_string);
//gives URL file:///C:/index.html
    hr = error->localizedRecoverySuggestion(&err_string);    //returned Not
Implemented
    hr = error->code(&e);
//returned 102
    hr = error->domain(&err_string);
//returned WebKitErrorDoman
    hr = error->localizedDescription(&err_string);
//returned  S_OK  ??? and the buffer is empty and re-assigned to 0
    hr = error->isPolicyChangeError(&e);
//returned 1
    delete(err_string);

I wanted to find out what localizedFailureReason and localizedRecovery
Suggestion gives .. So i tried to implement the interface WebError. But it
never really would work.

> @Alexander Shulgin
> >
> >  > There is a function which does exactly the same in the same
> > WebLauncher.cpp file
> >  > Here is the function definition http://codepad.org/iQpmzkAC
> >  > But even if the function gets called properly it still does not
> > render anything I am calling this function as
> >  > loadURL(SysAllocString(TEXT("C:\\index.html")););
> >
> > Ok I guess here i was not really very clear what exactly I did. This
> > function (new link since earlier one expired)
> > is using an API called PathFileExists in which it checks if the location
> > is correct as per MSDN, I sent it C:\\index.html
> > It makes a call to UrlCreateFromPath which prepends 'file:///' protocol
> > to 'C:\\index.html' and thus you get your correct URL
> > in the function itself. but it does not navigate or may be not
> > rendering. Dont know for sure. if i go http://URL it works
>
> Oh, that makes a difference.
>
> You may have some luck with implementing methods from
> IWebFrameLoadDelegate to see if it ever starts to load the frame, fails
> with an error or finishes.
>
> --
> Alex

> End of webkit-help Digest, Vol 18, Issue 25

Mr. Nimish Nayak