[webkit-help] JavaScript Core Extensions

Nimish Nayak nimishnayk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 02:52:21 PST 2010

Hi Guys

@Gavin Barraclough

Thanks for clearing my doubt. I had a faint idea that i was leaking memory
there. But am happy now i know for sure :)
I have taken necessary steps for freeing the memory
(JSStringRelease(my_string)).

@Alexander Shulgin
@Gavin Barraclough

I got the Alerts working. In Winlauncher Application there is an interface
implemented called PrintWebUIDelegate which inherits WebUIDelegate
publically
I had to simply just define the runJavaScriptAlertPanelWithMessage method
and put a MessageBox in it. and Alerts started working.

@Alexander Shulgin

> There is a function which does exactly the same in the same
WebLauncher.cpp file
> Here is the function definition http://codepad.org/iQpmzkAC
> But even if the function gets called properly it still does not render
anything I am calling this function as
> loadURL(SysAllocString(TEXT("C:\\index.html")););

Ok I guess here i was not really very clear what exactly I did. This
function (new link since earlier one expired)
is using an API called PathFileExists in which it checks if the location is
correct as per MSDN, I sent it C:\\index.html
It makes a call to UrlCreateFromPath which prepends 'file:///' protocol to
'C:\\index.html' and thus you get your correct URL
in the function itself. but it does not navigate or may be not rendering.
Dont know for sure. if i go http://URL it works

--
Mr. Nimish Nayak