[webkit-help] Using AudioContext on trunk r73875

Kumar srikumarks at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 19:35:31 PST 2010

Hi all,

I have the webkit git repo at svn version 73875.
I'm on MacOS 10.6.5 with xcode 3.2.2 installed. When I
build, run and try to access the audio api demos,
I get a "ReferenceError: Can't find variable: AudioContext".

I did a "./build-webkit --web-audio" from the scripts
folder and my build succeeds (arch=x86_64). I can
verify that the ENABLE_WEB_AUDIO flag is set and
that the code in WebCore/webaudio/ folder compiles.
The necessary derived sources for JS binding, such as
JSAudioContext.h/.cpp, seem to be generated fine.

I *can*, however, run the [audio branch build] posted by
Chris Rogers and the demos work with that build, so
there is something I'm not getting right with my build
or setup.

Any tips for a webkit noob on where to poke next?

(Btw I can run WebGL demos fine using my local
build, just as a cross check.)

Thanks in advance and regards,
-Kumar

[audio api demos]: