[webkit-help] Installing Webkit on Windows..

Nimish Nayak nimishnayk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 00:21:14 PST 2010

I am trying now to install Webkit on Visual Studios 2005

I installed Visual C++ 2005
Express<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=51410>. Microsoft
Visual C++ Express 2005 Service Pack
1<http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/7/3/7737290f-98e8-45bf-9075-85cc6ae34bf1/VS80sp1-KB926748-X86-INTL.exe>.
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0baf2b35-c656-4969-ace8-e4c0c0716adb&displaylang=en>Visual
Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 ATL Security
Update<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7c8729dc-06a2-4538-a90d-ff9464dc0197&displaylang=en>.
but When i tried to directly run
Windows Server 2003 R2 Platform
SDK<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0baf2b35-c656-4969-ace8-e4c0c0716adb&displaylang=en>,
It gave me this error..

"This installation package could not be opened
Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the
application vender
to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package."

After extracting I tried to run PSDK-x86 but then i got this error

"Error 1311: Source File not found C:\Documents and
Settings\nimesh\Desktop\SDK\PSDK-AMD64_o-common.0.cab
Verify that the file exists and that you can access it "

Aslo tried to remove 64 bit options but still getting errors.

Since this Platform SDK has been superceded by the Windows SDK for Windows
Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5.
I tried to build i got this error

Cannot find registry entry 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Microsoft
nstalledSDKs/D2FF9F89-8AA2-4373-8A31-C838BF4DBBE1'.
Please download and install the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2
Platform SDK from <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?
familyid=0baf2b35-c656-4969-ace8-e4c0c0716adb&displaylang=en>.

Then follow step 2 in the Windows section of the "Installing Developer
Tools" instructions at <http://www.webkit.org/building/tools.html>.
Died at /home/nimesh/webkit/WebKitTools/Scripts/webkitdirs.pm line 1146.

--
Mr. Nimish Nayak