[webkit-help] Cairo-win32 build failed in WebCore

Chris Hatko chatko at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 11:34:26 PDT 2010

Just to update you guys, I got through compile and linking stages and
managed to build WinLauncher.exe in debug mode. However on startup I
get a crash in ScriptExecutionContext.h on access of
m_hasOpenDatabases.

Chris

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Thomas Brodt <thomas.brodt at porabo.ch> wrote:
>  I think this GRefPtrCairo.h thing came in with Changeset 65530. I assume it
> was included with GTK in mind and works for that, but causes issues for non
> GTK builds.
>
> Chris Hatko also has already solutions to the other build errors.
>
> HTH
>
> Thomas
>

> Am 20.08.2010 15:58, schrieb Linda:
>>
>> Thomas Brodt<thomas.brodt at ...>  writes:
>>
>>>   I'm currently stuck with build failure. I updated to rev 65322 and
>>> invoked "build-webkit --release --cairo-win32", but I'm unable to
>>> compile successfully. I get 4 errors, see below.
>>> I emptied my WebKitBuild directory and have the actual webkit support
>>> libraries. Some months ago, I could build with this installation, now
>>> after updating to the current rev I get wrros,
>>>
>>> Can someone give me a clue to what I could do?
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Thomas
>>>
>>> These are the errors (snipped) from the
>>> BuildLog.html
>>> GraphicsLayerCACF.cpp
>>> GraphicsContextWin.cpp
>>>

>> c:\cygwin\home\thomas\WebKit\WebCore\platform\graphics\cairo\GraphicsContextPlat
>> formPrivateCairo.h(98)
>>>
>>> : error C2079: 'WebCore::GraphicsContextPlatformPrivate::m_pendingPath'
>>> uses undefined struct
>>> 'WebCore::CairoPath'
>>> GraphicsContextCairoWin.cpp
>>>

>> c:\cygwin\home\thomas\WebKit\WebCore\platform\graphics\cairo\GraphicsContextPlat
>> formPrivateCairo.h(98)
>>>
>>> : error C2079: 'WebCore::GraphicsContextPlatformPrivate::m_pendingPath'
>>> uses undefined struct 'WebCore::CairoPath'
>>> GlyphPageTreeNodeCairoWin.cpp
>>> Compiling...
>>> FontWin.cpp
>>> FontPlatformDataWin.cpp
>>> FontPlatformDataCairoWin.cpp
>>> FontCustomPlatformDataCairo.cpp
>>> ..\platform\graphics\win\FontCustomPlatformDataCairo.cpp(61) : error
>>> C2653: 'FontCustomPlatformData' : is not a class or namespace
>>> name
>>> FontCacheWin.cpp
>>> WOFFFileFormat.cpp
>>> EditorWin.cpp
>>> DragImageWin.cpp
>>> DragImageCairoWin.cpp
>>>

>> c:\cygwin\home\thomas\WebKit\WebCore\platform\graphics\cairo\GraphicsContextPlat
>> formPrivateCairo.h(98)
>>>
>>> : error C2079: 'WebCore::GraphicsContextPlatformPrivate::m_pendingPath'
>>> uses undefined struct 'WebCore::CairoPath'
>>> DragDataWin.cpp
>>> CursorWin.cpp
>>> ContextMenuWin.cpp
>>>

>> Hi I have been trying to build the Cairo webkit (debug) on Windows Vista
>> with
>> MSVC8 using the WebKit.sln for days now but I'm not getting anywhere.
>>
>> I'm having the same problem as you, but I also get the error "c:\msys\1.0
>> \home\webkit\webcore\platform\graphics\cairo\GRefPtrCairo.h(23) : fatal
>> error
>> C1083: Cannot open include file: 'GRefPtr.h': No such file or directory".
>>
>> I tried to include the GRefPtr.h that i found in
>> "\JavaScriptCore\wtf\gobject",
>> but it resulted in it complaining about not finding glib.h which I have no
>> clue
>> where to find or if this is even the right way to solve it.
>>
>> As for the errors we have in common i can see in the svn log that the
>> "error
>> C2653: 'FontCustomPlatformData' : is not a class or namespace name" is
>> related
>> to revision 64434. To me it seems like an error in
>> FontCustomPlatformDataCairo.cpp?
>>
>> and "error C2079: 'WebCore::GraphicsContextPlatformPrivate::m_pendingPath'
>> uses
>> undefined struct 'WebCore::CairoPath'" is related to revision 64335
>>
>> I guess an earlier revision will work, so i guess i can get around these
>> two
>> errors but the first one i have no clue how to fix. Any help would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> //Linda

Chris Hatko