[webkit-help] How painting in webkit works?

Chinmaya Sn chinmaya at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:48:08 PDT 2010

Sunny, I am not sure what you are referring to when you say 'painting
architecture'?

Do you mean

'How html reflow happens in WebKit?'
I'd suspect if anyone can explain easily give implementation details on it.
its unbelievably complicated, and yet neatly implemented in WebKit :)
You have to correlate many things
1. Indepth knowledge of CSS / HTML Spec
2. http://webkit.org/blog/114/webcore-rendering-i-the-basics/
3. And lot and lot of Code reading

or

'How WebKit interfaces with platform for drawing?'

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:50 PM, sunny shah <sunnysunilshah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chinmaya,
>
>   I read all material online ( even code paths ) , but nothing explains
> painting architecture.
>
> Thanks,
>  Sunny.
>
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Chinmaya Sn <chinmaya at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Have you looked at http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/CodePaths
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:34 AM, sunny shah <sunnysunilshah at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am understanding webkit and want to know that How painting in webkit
>> > works, that is,
>> >
>> > what happens after control comes to below function?
>> >
>> > void FrameView::paintContents(GraphicsContext* p, const IntRect& rect)
>> >
>> > It would help a lot, If someone familiar with code explains basic arch
>> > of
>> > webcore painting.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >  Sunny.