[webkit-help] Reg:Expected file generation for new webkit Layout tests

Marri Reddy marrinreddy at rediffmail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:54:52 PDT 2010

Hi ,
We are trying to add new tests to layout tests , in-order to adding new
test we are doing following steps .

1.Generating expected text file for new test using "run-webkit-test --
reset-results --gtk /layouttests/ new test.html
2.Expected file is generated in the /platform/gtk/---
3.Running the test using " run-webkit-test --gtk /layouttest/new
test.html
4.Test file is executed successfully using Dumprender tool

Issue is When we opened same html file manually in the GtkLauncher we
observed that test is failing .

Please confirm that the way we generating expected file is correct ? or
please provide the steps to generate expected files for new tests .

Regards ,
Marri