[webkit-help] WebKit authentication prompts even if http://user:pass at host used (Barry Scott)

haithem rahmani haithem.rahmani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 00:24:19 PDT 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:26:49 +0100
> From: Barry Scott <barry.scott at onelan.co.uk>
> To: webkit-help at lists.webkit.org
> Subject: [webkit-help] WebKit authentication prompts even if
>        http://user:pass@host used
>
> I'm seeing unexpected behaviour from WebKit when I ask for a URI with
> user and password in it to be loaded. The Soap "authentication" signal is
> issued.

according to the RFC 3986 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt) :

Use of the format "user:password" in the userinfo field is
   deprecated.  Applications should not render as clear text any data
after the first colon (":") character found within a userinfo
   subcomponent unless the data after the colon is the empty string
   (indicating no password)...

I don't know which webkit port are you using but for WebkitGtk based on libsoup

it's the normal behaviour, since libsoup is compliant to the RFC 3986.

regards.

Haithem.

> [...]
> > you
> > > use api hijacking like the webkit did in pluginview or something else?
> > >
> > > thx

> > view->children();

> > least

> instead

> for
> > the

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> http://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-help/attachments/20100803/3c2f561e/attachment-0001.html
> >

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 21:58:15 -0700
> From: Dan Wood <dw43031apple at karelia.com>
> To: webkit-help at lists.webkit.org
> Subject: [webkit-help] Still completely stuck with getting
>        JavaScriptCore to       load this code
>
> I've posted here occasionally trying to figure out why I'm having such an
> issue loading a javascript library <http://github.com/cloudhead/less.js>,
> some code which is wrapped in an anonymous self-executing block.  I *think*
> I'm feeding it everything it needs, but I'm just getting an undefined
> result.
>
> There seems to be almost no documentation for JavaScriptCore that I can
> find, and without a debugger, I feel like I'm shining a flashlight
> underwater to try and figure out what is going on.
>

> Out of desperation, I've put my source code up  -- it's really only about
> 30 lines for the main functionality -- to see if anybody else can figure out
> why I'm completely not having any luck here.
>
> Is there anybody who is familiar with JavaScriptCore who could look at this
> project, and maybe give me some hints as to why I'm not successful in
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1284131/LessInterpreter.zip
>
> (Ignore the UI -- just step through -[MyController init] ....)
>
> >From what I can tell, the code is intended to be runnable as a standalone
> if you have an undefined window object; it is supposed to add some
> properties to 'exports' according to the developer of the code.  <
> http://github.com/cloudhead/less.js/issues/issue/62/>
>
> I haven't gotten much further in jsc.  I've tried something like this:
>
> > exports = {}
> > load ('less.js')
>
> but it's complaining about window not being defined, which seems weird
> since the code is supposed to test if window is undefined.
>
> I thought I'd do a 'checkSyntax" but that is yielding a segmentation fault.
>

> Any hints would be really helpful.
>

> Thanks,
> Dan
>

> --
> Dan Wood
> dwood at karelia.com
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/danwood
> Karelia Software ? Sandvox for the Mac
> http://www.karelia.com/
>
> He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to
> perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really
> cooperating with it. ? Martin Luther King, Jr.

> End of webkit-help Digest, Vol 14, Issue 3

Be to GOD as he wants ,
HE'll be for you more
than what you want.