[webkit-help] Still completely stuck with getting JavaScriptCore to load this code

Dan Wood dw43031apple at karelia.com
Mon Aug 2 21:58:15 PDT 2010

I've posted here occasionally trying to figure out why I'm having such an issue loading a javascript library <http://github.com/cloudhead/less.js>, some code which is wrapped in an anonymous self-executing block.  I *think* I'm feeding it everything it needs, but I'm just getting an undefined result.

There seems to be almost no documentation for JavaScriptCore that I can find, and without a debugger, I feel like I'm shining a flashlight underwater to try and figure out what is going on.

Out of desperation, I've put my source code up  -- it's really only about 30 lines for the main functionality -- to see if anybody else can figure out why I'm completely not having any luck here.

Is there anybody who is familiar with JavaScriptCore who could look at this project, and maybe give me some hints as to why I'm not successful in loading the JavaScript code?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1284131/LessInterpreter.zip

(Ignore the UI -- just step through -[MyController init] ....)

From what I can tell, the code is intended to be runnable as a standalone if you have an undefined window object; it is supposed to add some properties to 'exports' according to the developer of the code.  <http://github.com/cloudhead/less.js/issues/issue/62/>

I haven't gotten much further in jsc.  I've tried something like this:

> exports = {}
> load ('less.js')

but it's complaining about window not being defined, which seems weird since the code is supposed to test if window is undefined.

I thought I'd do a 'checkSyntax" but that is yielding a segmentation fault.

Any hints would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Wood
dwood at karelia.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/danwood
Karelia Software — Sandvox for the Mac
http://www.karelia.com/

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it. — Martin Luther King, Jr.