[webkit-help] Help with possible buffer overflow (JS code) in our DFB port

Alex Vazquez alexvazquezfente at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 00:21:08 PDT 2010

2010/8/2 Ariya Hidayat <ariya.hidayat at gmail.com>

> > We use a lot of Javascript code and we are experiencing random crashes
> when
> > we bunch all that code in a single file without compressing it
> > (yui-compressor). We suspect that we have some kind of buffer overflow
> that
> > causes these random crashes since it almost never crashes on the same
> > point).
>
> Isn't there something common at all between the crashes? Is it
> possible to deduce something from the stack trace? Do you manage to,
> e.g. create a similar environment and, execute it on a different
> platform?
>
> It's a kind of hard to guess something out of this very little
> information...

Well, the common part is that all the crashes are inside JavaScriptCore
code, but we guess that this is due to the fact that it is the code that is
being executed when the stack gets corrupted (???). We are trying to find
some reference point in the code to make some debug but we have little
knowledge on it, specially the JavaScriptCore.

We have not done fully test in other platforms, but we are assuming that
this does not happen in the GTK/x86 port.
I'll try to post back a stack trace today,

Regards,

> --
> Ariya Hidayat
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat