[webkit-help] Build-Webkit --debug fails (Help digest Vol 10 Iss 13)

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 07:25:56 PDT 2010

Hi,

> Platform - Snow Leopard
> Revision - 57803
> After previous attempt at fault finding I
> A. Deleted all files in webkit folder
> B. Entered command  svn checkout
> http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk WebKit
> C. Entered command build-webkit -debug
> Result below is from the build-webkit command
> http://pastebin.com/c9HgAKYe
> After taking a closer look at the command result I can see it cannot find
> files referenced in JavaScriptCorePrefix.h.
> Is this where the issue lies or are there others errors listed in the print
> that are not related that are also causing problems ?

Looking at the traces, it seems like you are missing a lot of standard
headers like:

> /Users/Paul/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCorePrefix.h:7:19: error: ctype.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/Paul/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCorePrefix.h:9:20: error: locale.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/Paul/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCorePrefix.h:10:18: error: math.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/Paul/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCorePrefix.h:11:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/Paul/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCorePrefix.h:12:20: error: stdlib.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/Paul/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCorePrefix.h:13:20: error: string.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/Paul/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCorePrefix.h:14:21: error: strings.h: No such file or directory
> /Users/Paul/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/JavaScriptCorePrefix.h:15:18: error: time.h: No such file or directory

or tools like "ranlib".

I have never met those errors but they point to something wrong in
your XCode installation or environment (PATH, ...). After following
closely the instructions on http://webkit.org, you should be able to
compile so it is worth checking the different steps again.
If you are able to build any other project outside WebKit, it is worth
updating to the latest version and see if it helps.

Regards,
Julien