[webkit-help] HTML5 video tag and subtitles, alternative language tracks?

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Sat Apr 10 12:13:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I could select which subtitles or audio track is being played in the HTML5 video element?

Currently I have an MPEG 4 (has subtitle and and alternative language tracks) video that is playing and is defaulting to playing with English subtitles in Safari. I don't know how how I would disable the subtitles or change their language.

The most I have seen in terms of documentation is a proposal for the "Media MultitrackAPI", but beyond that I haven't found anything of use.

Any suggestions?

André-John