[webkit-help] webkit_web_view_load_uri from thread

Bharathwaaj S bluegenetic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 06:41:36 PDT 2010

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

This time I modified the code such that webkit_web_view_load_uri is not
called from the thread.

Now the thread's job is to get the uri from the message queue. Then it
modifies the uri entry box by inserting the new url and invokes a signal
manually as follows:

        g_signal_handlers_block_by_func (G_OBJECT
(uri_entry),

                G_CALLBACK
(activate_uri_entry_cb),

NULL);

        gtk_editable_delete_text (GTK_EDITABLE(uri_entry), 0,
-1);

        gtk_editable_insert_text (GTK_EDITABLE(uri_entry), buf.mtext,
strlen(buf.mtext),
&position);

        g_signal_handlers_unblock_by_func (G_OBJECT
(uri_entry),

                G_CALLBACK
(activate_uri_entry_cb),

                NULL);
        g_signal_emit_by_name(uri_entry, "activate");

This will invoke the activate_uri_entry_cb and I could get the callback. But
still I face the same issue. The same when entered from the url bar in
toolbar doesn't crash. Is there any other solution other than android?
Currently webkit runs in a separate thread and I need to have interaction
between the main process and the webkit thread.

Kind regards,
Bharath
http://amusingsilhouettes.blogspot.com