[webkit-help] webkit_web_view_load_uri from thread

Bharathwaaj S bluegenetic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 03:52:59 PDT 2010

Hi,

In Gtk Webkit, can we call webkit_web_view_load_uri from another thread?

In GtkLauncher, I created a thread before calling gtk_main. This thread
waits in a message queue for urls. From another terminal, I pass the urls to
that message queue.

I tried passing http://1.com, http://2.com. First time it detected that it
couldn't resolve host name and gave error page.

The second time if i pass http://1.com or http://2.com, it crashes. I GDBed
the same and found that it is crashing in
WebCore/platform/text/AtomicString.cpp in WebCore::CStringTranslator::equal
(r=0xb3c81f78, s=0x14c9d2e "User-Agent")

The pointer to m_data from the StringImpl class which is assigned to UChar*
d  is corrupted and hence causing crash.

The same when entered from the url bar in toolbar doesn't crash. Any ideas
on why is it so?

Kind regards,
Bharath
http://amusingsilhouettes.blogspot.com