[webkit-help] render-complete event

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Sat Apr 3 18:08:04 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have been working with webkit and am testing on Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) - I'm working on capturing events from WebKit and have successfully captured events such as LOAD_FINISHED, which apparently tells me that WebKit has loaded all the contents of the page necessary to begin rendering it.

However, I also need to know when all the rendering for a page is complete (i.e., the page has rendered and all the content is viewable within the browser). Preferably, a "RENDER COMPLETE" event would tell me when all the HTML has been rendered, as well as any javascript has completed rendering.  I'm assuming this status is available because some browsers have "spinning images" that stop spinning when all the rendering for a page is complete.

Is there such an event, and if so, which API call do I use to listen for it?

Thanks a lot!
Randy