[webkit-help] Webkit Linux Build without libsoup

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 02:22:36 PDT 2009

> Chromium will make me use V8 and I want to use JavaScript Core.

IIRC for some time Chromium for Windows supports building with JSC,
however this is not maintained anymore.

Generally, each port tends to use whatever library comes with the
toolkit for better integration. For example, although technically
possible, QtWebKit does not use libsoup just like webkit-gtk does not
use Qt's network access manager.

Having said that, I suspect (just a wild speculated guess) making
Chromium builds with JSC again is much easier than to patch webkit-gtk
to use Chromium network stack.

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat