[webkit-help] Flash/Flash Plugin functionality in WebKit (Linux)

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 02:11:43 PDT 2009

> I apologize profusely for my lack of seeking better a reference to how the
> list works.

No need to apologize, no harm has been done :)

> My platform is Linux 32-bit (Mepis/Debian) and I'm building against
> clutter-webkit (which is using GLib to interface with WebKit, from the same
> source tree as GTK WebKit.)  Arora (and other WebKit based browsers) are not
> showing Flash embeds at all either.  I could run a debug on the process(es)
> but I'm not receiving any kind of error output from any of the offending
> binaries.  I will look into the GTK interface to see if there is a way to
> specify/retrieve more information for plugins that may remedy the situation.

Eh, that's new to me. I always thought plugins like Flash will not be
easy to get it working under Clutter, due to its indirect rendering
approach.

All the same, did you get anything useful tracking the PluginDatabase class?

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat