[webkit-help] WebKit compilation error for DirectFb on ARM platform

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 13:59:46 PDT 2009

Hi,

> After this when I give make I get complation errors related to X11. For DirectFB this shouls not happen I guess..

Most of WebKit does not depend on X, so you would be right if there
wasn't a tiny exception: NPAPI. As plugins are responsible for
rendering themselves, they need to get a handle to the associated
windowing system. On Linux, this implies a dependency on X regardless
of your port.
Thus your choice is either to disable all the code related to NPAPI by
hand - there is no compile time switch - or to add the X11 dependency
(for example, flash plugins use NPAPI so any site using it will be
broken). In case, most of this code lives in WebCore/plugins/.

Hope it helps,
Julien