[webkit-help] Build discrepancy between Debug_Cairo and Release_Cairo

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:24:10 PDT 2009

Hi Charles,

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Charles Reimers
<charlesreimers at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have no problem at all building the Debug_Cairo configuration in either Visual Studio or from the Cygwin command line.  Yet, when I attempt to build Release_Cairo in either location, I get the following errors:
>
> 5>WebCore.lib(ResourceResponseBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: void __thiscall WebCore::ResourceResponse::platformLazyInit(void)" (?platformLazyInit at ResourceResponse@WebCore@@AAEXXZ)
> 5>WebCore.lib(ResourceResponseBase.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: static bool __cdecl WebCore::ResourceResponse::platformCompare(class WebCore::ResourceResponse const &,class WebCore::ResourceResponse const &)" (?platformCompare at ResourceResponse@WebCore@@CA_NABV12 at 0@Z)

I got concerned after your e-mail, and did a rebuild of everything to
confirm that the build is still working.  It is.

Based on the errors, which are involved with ResourceResponseBase,
ResourceResponse, ResourceRequestBase, and AuthenticationChallenge, I
think it may be that CFNetwork versions of these files were copied
into your build directory one point, and are muddying up the build.  I
used to get this quite frequently when I would switch between
CFNetwork and CURL-based network builds.

My guess is that if you delete the contents of the
WebKitBuild/obj/WebCore/Release_Cairo (and perhaps the DerivedSources
directory as well) it will clear out the invalid binaries so that the
correct CURL-based files will get build, and your build will succeed.

Good luck!

-Brent