[webkit-help] Which part of webkit is eating up all the memory?

luying pan luying.pan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 13:18:59 PDT 2009

I'm new to webkit. I recently tried out the webkitgtk port, and wrote a
simple browser which would load the same 5 pages over and over again by
calling webkit_web_view_load_uri. When I observer my resident memory on
linux, I see that it grew from 30MB to over 180MB if I leave the browser
running for half and hour. I'd like to know what's eating up all the memory
even though it's loading the same 5 pages.

Luying