[webkit-help] New platform layout/rendering problem

Ben Nason bnason at netflix.com
Wed Oct 7 16:08:10 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am porting WebKit to a new platform. I have done a lot of the work,
but I am having trouble getting the layout/rendering to work correctly.

Here is the HTML I am loading to test with:

  <head>
    <title>Title Text</title>
  </head>
    <h1>Hello world!</h1>
    <ul>
      <li>item 1</li>
      <li>item 2</li>
      <li>item 3</li>
    </ul>
      Here is a line of text.
#eeeeee">This part is shifted<br> up a bit,</span>
	  but the rest of the line is in its original position.

And attached is a screen capture of the resulting rendered output. As
you can see, all layout and style information seems to be getting
stripped out or ignored, with the exception of the <br> tag.

I have tried stepping through the parsing, layout, and rendering code to
find what is going wrong, but there is a lot going on in the code and I
am not really sure what I am looking for. Does anyone have any ideas
about what the problem might be, which part of the code is most likely
to be broken, or where I can dig around more to see what is not working?
I'm assuming I made some basic mistake in one of my platform
implementation routines or configuration options, but I just don't know
which one it could be. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Benbuck Nason