[webkit-help] Possible memory leak or cache problem

john.kjellberg at power.alstom.com john.kjellberg at power.alstom.com
Tue Oct 6 00:32:23 PDT 2009

webkit-help-bounces at lists.webkit.org wrote on 2009-10-05 17:31:14:

> Maybe try creating a new one each time, deleting it after finishing
> processing it.  The logic on how to clean up the multi-used XHR objects
> may be a bit messy - just doing a single request with each, and then
> cleanup afterwards, may give you better results.

I tried this and got the same result, i.e. growth.

The growth is not constant. It grows in the beginning, then no growth for
a while and then it starts again and so on. I usually try to let it run
for about 30minutes or something.

FYI: I'm using /proc/<pid>/smaps to check memory usage. save the output to
a file and then diff it to check growth.

/ John