[webkit-help] webkit cross domain security

Julien Chaffraix julien.chaffraix at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 00:29:19 PDT 2009

Hi,

> I am quite new to webkit and I would like to know if it is possible to
> disable the webkit cross domain security checking and how to do that ?

There is an option to do so in WebCore: page/Setting.cpp
(isWebSecurityEnabled() / setIsWebSecurityEnabled()). Note that I am
talking about Webkit's internals here as you did not precise which
port(s) you are interested in (usually better if you want to have a
more precise answer).
I will just answer broadly about how to disable it: among the ports
only mac and win expose this property through their WebPreferences
mechanism so you should have a look at their API documentations. If
you are using another port, then you have no way of doing this.

Hope it helps,
Julien