[webkit-help] Nitro vs Nitro Extreme: which builds at the JSC tip?

Jozwiak, John jjozwiak at quicinc.com
Wed Nov 4 16:37:50 PST 2009

Thanks, Ariya.
From: webkit-help-bounces at lists.webkit.org [webkit-help-bounces at lists.webkit.org] On Behalf Of Ariya Hidayat [ariya.hidayat at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 9:50 AM
To: webkit-help at lists.webkit.org
Subject: Re: [webkit-help] Nitro vs Nitro Extreme: which builds at the JSC      tip?

> Naive question that I've tried to answer though feel I haven't:
> how does one know when JSC is using Nitro Extreme, Nitro, or just Squirrelfish?

Nitro = SquirrelFish, Nitro Extreme = SquirrelFish Extreme.

CMIIW but unfortunately, at least for the Qt port, there is no way to
detect Extreme vs non Extreme at run-time. At compile-time it is
fairly easy. If you check JavaScriptCore/wtf/Platform.h around line
744, a bunch of #ifdefs there show the platform/compiler combination
that allows enabling of JIT (i.e. the "Extreme" flavor), e.g. Windows
on x86 using MSVC. Thus, the solution is to check for the compiler
define ENABLE_JIT.

HTH.

--
Ariya Hidayat