[webkit-help] Offscreen rendering using webkit gtk+ port

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Thu Jul 30 15:31:55 PDT 2009

Luka Napotnik <luka.napotnik at ...> writes:

> But with the latest code I suspect some methods are not called and I get
> an unformatted (no style, no layout) image on the cairo surface. And
> this is useless because the pages aren't rendered correctly.

Please see the expose handler of webkitwebview.cpp. It is doing a call like
FrameView::layougIfNeededRecursively. And instead of firing in
layoutTimerFired you could add  your signal to the ChromeClient. The
ChromeClient will get called whenever regions of the code
change (but be aware that this might be called from within a paint too so
you need to defer an  update a bit).